Cleaning a bathroom may seem like hard work, especially if you have not done it before. But, you will find the work to be easier if you break the work into sizable chunks. Continue reading to learn useful tips to help you clean the bathroom faster and with minimum effort.
Gather Supplies: To clean any corner of the house, you need cleaning supplies. But, when it comes to the bathroom, you need more products to clean the toilet bowl. You may visit any grocery store and look for janitorial accessories to get all the supplies required for a thorough cleaning. However, you may quickly shop online and save a trip to the supermarket. Here are the items you must purchase in order to clean the bathroom thoroughly.
- All-purpose cleaner.
- Bathroom cleaner liquid.
- Wipes for mirrors
- Baking soda
- Liquid soap
Start The Process: Once you have gathered all the cleaning supplies, it is time to begin the actual work. First, remove all the items from their usual space and clean the counters. Be sure to put the items safely in some cabinets before starting the cleaning process. If you have live plants in the bathroom, remove them as well. Removing the plants may be a bit of a hassle, but it is necessary to clean the bathroom properly. You may even consider changing or cleaning the flower pots before re-installing them.
- Dust the bathroom and wash it clean with water.
- Make sure to wet the floors before applying the cleaning solutions. If you pour the solutions on the dry bathroom floor, the tiles will not get cleaned properly. Instead, you will be left with white spots on the bathroom tiles.
The Bathtub: The bathtub looks dirty if not cleaned regularly. Cleaning the bathtub is not hard work. All you need is muscle strength and some cleaning solutions. But before you pour the solution down on the tub, make sure the drain is clear. At times hairs get trapped inside the bathtub. Therefore, remove all the hair and clean the tub thoroughly with hot water and liquid soaps. You may notice yellowish stains on the tub itself; you can use tile cleaner to get rid of the stains.
The Toilet Bowl: The toilet bowl is one of the toughest things you have to clean in the bathroom. However, if you clean the toilet regularly, it may not be that difficult a job. At first, pour some toilet cleaner into the bowl and wait for ten minutes. While the solution cleans the inside, you can scrub the outside of the bowl. Use cleaning solutions to scrub the toilet seat.
- Using acids and harsh cleaners can be hazardous. Therefore, wear rubber gloves while cleaning the toilet.
- Use a scrub sponge to clean the seat toilet brush to clean the inside of the toilet.
- While you clean the toilet, do not forget about the tank. Make sure you empty the tank first before you start cleaning the same.