When it comes to designing a bathroom, there are many ways to do it. But before you start, you need to decide what kind of style you want and what amenities are important to you.
Do you want a big modern bathroom with a classic Canterbury sink and glass shower doors? Or would a smaller, more efficient space work better for your needs? Once you decide on the basics, the design possibilities are endless!
So if you’re looking for some bathroom renovation ideas for your home, read on! We’ve gathered some of our favourite tips and tricks from experts to help make the process as easy and enjoyable as possible.
Table of Contents
Minimalist aesthetics have gained popularity in recent years for their sleek looks and modern style. This design theme is easy to maintain and blends clean lines with minimalist features and natural light. You can transform your small bathroom into an elegant retreat with minimalism.
By utilising a minimalist approach, you can declutter your space and focus on the essentials. In minimalist design, less is more, and simplicity is the key. If you’re looking to achieve a minimalist aesthetic in your bathroom, here are some tips to get you started.
- First, focus on clean lines and simple shapes. Choose fixtures and fittings that are streamlined and sleek.
- Second, opt for a neutral colour palette. For your bathroom decor, try to stick to white, black, or grey for a sophisticated look.
- Third, incorporate glass and mirrors to create the illusion of more space.
- Fourth, keep things clutter-free. It means storing away excess toiletries and towels out of sight.
- And finally, don’t be afraid to add a few personal touches. A plant or piece of art can add personality to a minimalist space. So go forth and embrace your inner minimalist! Your bathroom will thank you for it.
A classic bathroom design is a perfect way to add a touch of luxury to your home without going over the top. Classic bathroom designs are minimalistic, with black, white, and brown colours. This classic colour scheme creates an elegant and timeless look perfect for any home.
Indeed, trends are fun. But sometimes, it’s best to stick to the classics. It’s the best way to guarantee that you’ll continue to love your timeless space for the years to come. To get that ‘classic look’, here are some quick tips:
- Be conscious about colours – If you want to incorporate a trendy colour, we recommend doing it on something you can easily alter, like shower curtains or towels. Painted bathroom walls are also relatively easy to change. For your floor tiles (since they’re something more permanent), go for greys and whites for your colour scheme.
- Go for natural stone – A stone bathroom always looks classic and timeless. Try to choose a marble countertop with white or grey tones to create that crisp and clean feel. Alternatively, you can opt for a more affordable one like quartz.
- Choose fixtures in a timeless style – Choose a freestanding bath or a classically-shaped faucet and shower fixtures for a polished, elegant look. Go for aged brass or polished nickel to add a beautiful element to your bathroom.
When creating a timeless bathroom, think the same way as to how you dress timelessly, like investing in basic pieces that you’ll love for years and never go out of style. Then, just pepper the rest of the look with trendy accessories for a pop of colour.
These days, even the smallest bathroom or wet room can be a stylish and functional space. Modern design principles have led to the development of a wide range of space-saving solutions that are perfect for small bathrooms.
One of the most popular bathroom ideas is utilising sliding glass doors and storage options under the sink. You could go for a wall-mounted vertical shelf unit above the sink area if you need even more storage.
How to Choose Which Design Suits You
Here’s a quick way to figure out which style you really want, whether that’d be classic, minimalist, or modern.
- Consider what amenities are important to you: a freestanding tub, separate shower, light-filled bathroom, etc.
- Decide on the basics: size, shape, and layout.
- Get inspiration by looking at design magazines, visiting showrooms, or browsing online.
- Work with a professional interior designer to bring your vision to life. They can help you make the best choices for your space and needs.
- Trust your gut! Go with your instinct on what looks and feels suitable for you and your home. It is YOUR bathroom.
So, what’s the best design for your bathroom? Well, that depends on a lot of factors. But hopefully, we’ve given you some good ideas to get started and make your bathroom both beautiful and functional.
We hope this article has given you a good starting point as you build your dream bathroom. Happy renovating!